Thursday, April 16, 2009

First Daffodils, and First BBQ !

Thursday p.m. and back to the farm. The stream of snowbirders returning from the South continues apace, on the East bound lanes of the 401. Not my idea of fun driving !

Well, it was so beautiful that we couldn't resist having our first BBQ of the year. The trusty WEBER went right into action and we enjoyed that slightly burned flavour that has been missing these past few months.
We weren't up to speed when Al and Wendy Hogg dropped in last weekend. I must get some steaks ready for their next visit on their next trip to the cottage in Brockville. Al needs a 20ft pine for a barrier so I'll have some fun getting one cut and readied for him.

These are real daffodils, no more plastic, that welcomed us on our return today.

We returned to the farm with two french doors that I found at the local Eco-centre. More about that project when it is finished ! Tomorrow will be brush, scrub and branch pick up day, with a bit more tilling. With a bit of luck we'll have fresh lettuce for our big event in July. Whatever I seed now will need to covered at night to protect against the frost. Warm days and cold nights.
The lilac bushes are looking very healthy and some of the trees are beginning to bud. Time to get the mower readied. First cut is only a week or two away ! I think it is safe to put the snow blower away now and give some thought to changing the snow tires on the van.
If anyone is interested in some Morning Glory seeds let me know. I'll gladly send you a package.

No comments: