Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Never a dull moment !

Beethoven's First Piano Concerto playing in the background. Magnificent, and totally interference, both atmospheric and commercial, free. The combined genius of my offspring made this possible and as I proceed with some of the in-house tasks I am accompanied by the most incredible range of musical offerings. I am no longer bemoaning the demise of classical programming on the CBC, although I do miss the wit and humour, not to mention the scholarship of Yurgen Goth, Eric Friesen, Shelly Soames and Danielle Charbonneau. CBC has gone to World Music which, in my view,places it in the ranks of most indistinguisable commercial radio and I was suffering from withdrawal symptoms. All remedied.

The snowblower has been getting quite a work-out. I have already used it five times and it is providing me with plenty of exercise. There's loads of inside work to keep me occupied, from insulation and draft elimination, to finally getting the trimming done on four downstairs windows, three of which are now completed. I am making some headway on sorting out the library which became a storage area after the move from 259. It is rather slow going because I tend to spend quite a bit of time reading as I rediscover old favorites and come upon the occasional untouched volume.
A little bit of re-arrangement in the downstairs "reception" area, to the right as one comes in the front door, has been necessary since our Xmas tree will be here this year. I'll make sure to get a picture when it is installed.

Not the most exciting post to be sure, bit it is quite satisfying to be adding to my "only a done list" and letting my mind drift onto further possibilities.

If I don't post again before the holidays, I hope that you all have a wonderful time during the upcoming festive season.

1 comment:

Amalia said...

If we had a snow blower it would get a work out too, its the most snow in Vancouver since I was born!
Bye the way how many books did you read?